For bragging rights !!
Because it sounds cool !!
So that I can smile and say ‘that is cute‘, when someone says ‘I did a marathon‘.
Well on a serious note, I just love it because it makes me happy, keeps me sane, and my wife loves seeing me on the leaner side.
Here are 10 reasons, in no particular order :
- To see the beautiful sunrise over the hill.
- To see the skyline when swimming in the ocean.
- To never have an option of not working out. If my running legs are out of order, I have cycling or swimming as an option.
- For the love of cool looking carbon frame bikes.
- For the love of running shirtless.
- Because, my warmup takes longer for a marathon or a half-marathon.
- Because, I admire Craig Alexander and Chrissie Wellington, and love Jesse Thomas.
- Because, I love to push myself to the wall, to know my limit. And then challenge that limit again.
- Because I can juggle swimming, biking, and running, along with my day job, family, baby, social commitments, and house chores.
- Because I can freaking do it.