Its been just over a month that I joined my local Norcal Crossfit Box ‘gym’ (Crossfit Workout gym is called a Box). When I first walked inside, I saw mostly white boards, scribbled with various terms, and numbers that were hard to decipher.
Over a month, I did learn few terms and did google up few. Here is my work in progress list:
There are plenty of terms, and you can get a big list online, but these are very basic terms mostly used. Feel free to add more in the comments section.
- WOD – Workout Of the Day (the actual workout that is designed to crush you :))
- AMRAP – As Many Reps As Possible (As Many Rounds As Possible) in given time.
- RX’ed – As Prescribed, there is no change in the workout that can be done.
- EMOM – Each Minute Over Minute. You do the round every minute.
- Rep – Repetition.
- PB – Personal Best
- PR – Personal Record
- Box – A Crossfit Gym
- FRAN – (watch video)
- OH squat – Over Head squat. You basically squat with weights over your head.
- Air Squat – (watch Video)
- BS – Back Squat
- HSPU – Hand Stand Push Up (watch video)
- HS – Hand Stand
- CFT – Cross Fit Total
- DL – Dead Lift
- KB – Kettle Ball
- DB – Dumb Bell
- Pistols – One legged Squats (watch video)
- Tabata – A protocol of 20 seconds of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest
- TGU – Turkish Get Up (watch video)
- Wall Balls – (watch Video)
- Reverse Burpees – (watch Video)
- Thrusters – (watch video)
- Farmers Walk – http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/farmers_walk.html
- MB clean – Medicine Ball clean (http://reebokcrossfitone.com/?p=11891)
Plenty of online resources, but I do refer this- Crossfit